“I stayed at the Hammock Beach Resort in May and woke up that morning, after the first night of my two day stay, with bites that occurred in my sleep. I was in a rush so I did not Ask to be moved to another room. However, after arriving back to my room in the evening, after taking a shower, I decided to investigate the bed and its surroundings. The first thing I did was lift up the pillows on my bed, and a tiny bug scurried towards the headboard. I quickly smacked it before it could disappear, and resultingly disabled it. I then took a short video of the young culprit along with the bites on my leg. I inspected the head board and behind the bed to see if anything was unusual. I did not see any signs of additional bugs, bu did notice that the base board behind the bed was extremely dirty. My guess is that it has NEVER been cleaned.
I then informed the desk clerk with a phone call that I wanted to be moved to another room because of bed bug bites and a live sighting and (dead) capture. I was moved to another room, but I ended up tossing and turning all night. When I checked out the next morning the clerk told me a manager wanted to speak with me about my complaint. He (maager) suggested that I had been bitten by sand fleas, but I told him that I had not been on the beach. He told me that he would have labcorp ( or ecolab?) check out the room and he told me he would call me to inform me of their findings.
I never heard a word back from him and I was charged the full 2 nights stay. When I arrived home, I removed all clothing in my garage and placed them, along with every other item that was in the room at the Hammock Beach resort, in plastic bags. I let them bake on my deck for 6 weeks before venturing to open them. In conclusion, I paid $600 to get eaten alive by bed bugs ( no mistake as I saved a caught culprit). ”